A favorite British dessert, named for the famous school, Eton.
- 12 oz (350g) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 5 oz (130g) store-bought meringue cookies
1. Combine the strawberries, sugar, and orange juice in a bowl, and crush them with a fork.
2. Whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. Coarsely crush the meringues into small bite size pieces'you should have about 2 cups crushed meringues.
3. Stir the crushed meringue into the whipped cream. Add the berries and their juices, and fold together. Spoon into dessert cups and serve immediately.