- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 11 Times
Russian salad always consists of vegetables in mayonnaise, but the Spanish version includes tuna and red peppers.
- 1 lb (450g) red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- One 6 oz (168g) can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 roasted red peppers in brine, drained and cut into thin strips
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Boil the potatoes in salted water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Peel and cut into ½ in (13mm) cubes.
2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan of lightly salted water over medium-high heat, boil the carrot for about 4 minutes, until almost tender. Add the peas, return to a boil, and cook for about 3 minutes more, until the peas are tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, drain well, and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Mix the potatoes, carrots, peas, tuna, and most of the roasted pepper strips together with the mayonnaise in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon into a serving dish, add the eggs and reserved pepper strips. Sprinkle with parsley and serve chilled or at room temperature.
Prepare ahead: The potatoes, carrots, and peas can be prepared a day ahead, covered, and refrigerated. The salad is best served within an hour after it is made.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox