- Course: Antipasto/Mezze, Hors D'oeuvre
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 38 Times
Crisp crostini with a deliciously savory topping.
- 12 slices baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 firm eggplant
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz (60g) soft goat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush the bread on both sides with olive oil, then toast for 10 minutes, turning once, or until crisp. Cut the garlic in half and rub the cut side over each slice.
2. Preheat the broiler. Slice the eggplant into ¼ in (5mm) thick rounds, brush each side with olive oil, then broil on both sides until tender.
3. Halve or quarter the eggplant slices, and transfer to a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, mint, and balsamic vinegar, toss, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread the crostini with goat cheese, top with slices of eggplant, and serve.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings and 3/4 teaspoon added salt.