- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 15 Times
There couldn’t be a more perfect or simple way to begin Christmas morning than with eggnog toast. Because the eggnog is already prepared, you have plenty of time to peek into stockings and open Christmas presents.
- 2 cups prepared eggnog
- 12 thick slices stale firm white bread
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
1. Pour the eggnog into a shallow bowl and dip the bread slicesinto the eggnog, turning to coat both sides.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 or 3 slices of the bread and fry until golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining bread and butter.
© 1984, 1985 Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox