Easy Mocha Mousse
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Formal Dinner Party
Taste and Texturechocolatey, creamy, sweet
Type of Dishchocolate dessert, dessert
- 6 oz (175 g) semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup (125 mL) strong brewed coffee
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) confectioner’s (icing) sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) confectioners sugar (icing sugar), sifted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) instant coffee powder or granules
- ¼ tsp vanilla (1 mL)
- Small bowl, chilled
In a small saucepan, over low heat, combine chocolate and coffee, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour into chilled bowl for faster cooling.
In a small mixer bowl, on high speed, beat cream, slowly adding the confectioners' sugar and beating until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into 4 individual dessert dishes and chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
Prepare the topping: In a small mixer bowl, combine whipping cream, confectioners' sugar, coffee powder and vanilla and beat on high speed until firm peaks form. Spoon over chilled mousse to garnish.
2008 Esther Brody