- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 24 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
A brown sugar and vanilla batter makes these a figgy version of the classic chocolate chip cookie. This is a totally addictive cookie.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter two large baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla; beat until blended.
4. Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture on the lowest speed, just until combined. Finish combining with a rubber spatula.
5. Add the figs, walnuts, and chocolate and stir just until blended.
6. Using a heaping tablespoon, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
7. Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden and the tops are set, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Serving size is 1 cookie.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox