- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 11 Times
This is a wonderful soother for frazzled nerves. Dates are high in fiber and are a source of calcium, magnesium, and folic acid. Rehydrate dry dates before using by covering them with boiling water and letting stand for 30 minutes.
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) soymilk, almond milk, or rice milk
- ½ cup (4 oz) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Cover and process at high speed until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.
Pineapple Dream: Date Substitute pineapple juice for the almond milk, rice milk, or soymilk.
© 2002 Sharon Tyler Herbst
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on using soymilk.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox