- Course: Beverage
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 11 Times
This is a wonderful soother for frazzled nerves. Dates are high in fiber and are a source of calcium, magnesium, and folic acid. Rehydrate dry dates before using by covering them with boiling water and letting stand for 30 minutes.
- ¾ cup (6 oz.) soymilk, almond milk, or rice milk
- ½ cup (4 oz) plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 small ripe banana, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Cover and process at high speed until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.
Pineapple Dream: Date Substitute pineapple juice for the almond milk, rice milk, or soymilk.
© 2002 Sharon Tyler Herbst
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on using soymilk.