- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 14 Times
Whatever you do, do not use a food processor to cut the tuna. You want it to be chopped, not ground!
- 1½ pounds yellowfin tuna, finely chopped by hand
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, quartered
- Red onion rings and greens, for serving (optional)
Place the tuna, mustard, basil, garlic, ginger and pepper in a large mixing bowl and toss gently to combine.
Place the flour and salt on a large plate. Divide the tuna mixture into 4 patties and dredge them in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and when it is hot, add the oil. Add the patties and cook until rare on the inside and well browned on the outside, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Serve immediately, garnished with the lime quarters and red onion rings and greens, if desired.
© 2008 Sally Sampson
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox