- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 23 Times
Serve these spicy stir-fried turkey strips as a healthy lunch or supper. Good with stir-fried spinach and rice or noodles.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb (450g) turkey breast cutlets, cut into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 fresh hot red chile, seeded and minced
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
2. Add the onion and stir-fry about 2 minutes, or until it is just beginning to color. Add the red and orange peppers and garlic and stir-fry about 3 minutes.
3. Mix the orange juice, mustard, chutney, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and chile together until well combined. Stir into the vegetables and return the turkey to the pan. Cook about 5 minutes or until piping hot and the turkey is opaque throughout. Serve hot.
Devilled Chicken or Pork: Substitute strips of boneless and skinless chicken breast or pork tenderloin for the turkey.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley