- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 17 Times
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple, cored but not peeled, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth
- Cooked turkey wings, disjointed
- Meat from cooked turkey legs and thighs, cut into pieces
- Leftover turkey gravy
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup seedless white grapes
Sauté the onion in the butter till soft. Add the apple and green pepper and cook till tender. Mix in the curry powder and cook for a few minutes to remove the raw taste. Pour in the broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the turkey pieces and cook until they are heated through. Mix in any leftover turkey gravy. Season to taste and mix in the grapes. Serve with steamed rice, chutney, chopped salted peanuts, thinly sliced cucumbers dressed with oil and vinegar, and baked bananas. Beer is good with this.
© 1989, 2001 James Beard
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings, but does not include, cooked turkey wings, meat from cooked turkey legs and thighs, or leftover turkey gravy. Nutritional information includes 1/2 teaspoon of added salt.