The only trick here is good knife work: everything should be diced into fairly small, uniform bits so that you get lots of flavors in each bite.
- ¼ pound not-smoked, wet-cured ham, such as prosciutto cotto, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted cashews, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise (regular, low-fat, or fat-free)
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons bottled curry powder
1. Mix everything in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate for a couple hours to blend, the flavors, The ham salad can be stored, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Nutritional information is based on using low-fat mayonnaise.