- Course: Main Course, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 17 Times
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 4 crisp celery stalks, peeled
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins, plumped for 10 minutes in a little boiling water
- Generous squeeze of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons "Curry Essence", or to taste
- Cayenne pepper
To fashion the curry cream sauce for this, you will first need to make the curry “essence”, as I like to refer to it.
A perfect light lunch eaten out of doors-and relatively healthful. So promptly ruin that with a nice cold beer or two.
Cut the apples and celery into thick matchsticks. Carefully mix together with the raisins and lemon juice in a roomy bowl. Chill thoroughly for 30 minutes.
In another smaller bowl, beat together the cream and curry essence until loosely thickened. Fold into the apple and celery, turn into a serving dish, and sprinkle lightly with cayenne.
© 2009 Simon Hopkinson
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information does not include Curry Essence. For nutritional information on Curry Essence, please follow the link above.