Toss this creamy sauce with hot cooked pasta, or drizzle it over steamed broccoli or roasted Brussels sprouts.
- ½ cup Onion-Garlic Puree
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the Onion-Garlic Puree in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the milk into the cornstarch.
3. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the onion-garlic puree. Raise the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Then reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the sauce until it has thickened, about 1 minute.
4. Add the cheese and the nutmeg to the sauce and whisk until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.