- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 10 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
If you’ve never thought of putting cranberries and pears in the same dish, you’ll be especially pleased with this dessert. This crisp is particularly good served for dessert following an autumn dinner such as the Braised Chicken with Garlic and Fennel.
1. Butter a shallow 2½- to 3-quart baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the pears with the cranberries and granulated sugar. Spread in the bottom of the prepared dish.
3. In a food processor, process the brown sugar and flour to remove any lumps in the sugar. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the oats and almonds and pulse once or twice just to combine. (You can also mix the topping by hand.) Sprinkle over the fruit, spreading to make an even layer.
4. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven until the pears and cranberries are tender and the topping is browned, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Serve hot or warm with scoops of ice cream.
The crisp can be reheated in a 400°F oven for about 10 minutes.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and does not include Vanilla Ice Cream.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox