Crab Toasts with Sriracha Mayonnaise
Published by Clarkson Potter
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCasual Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe Coursehors d'oeuvre
Dietary Considerationhors d'oeuvre
Taste and Texturecreamy, hot & spicy
- 4 slices good sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 8 ounces picked lump crabmeat, preferably peekytoe, picked over for bits of shell
- Crushed red chile flakes, optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
To make the Crab Toasts:
Toast the bread until golden brown. Cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
Gently fold the mayonnaise into the crabmeat until well mixed. Spoon the crab mixture into a serving bowl and set inside a larger serving bowl filled with ice to keep cold if desired. Garnish with chile flakes if desired. Serve with the lemon wedges and toasts.
To Make the Sriracha Mayonnaise:
Whisk together the yolk, mustard, and salt until well blended. Continue whisking while adding the oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the mixture. Whisk in the lemon juice and sriracha until well blended. The mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
2011 Jean-Georges Vongerichten