- Course: Hors D'oeuvre
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 8 Times
For the Crab Toasts:
- 4 slices good sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 8 ounces picked lump crabmeat, preferably peekytoe, picked over for bits of shell
- Crushed red chile flakes, optional
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
For the Sriracha Mayonnaise (makes 1 cup):
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
To make the Crab Toasts:
Toast the bread until golden brown. Cut each slice into 2-inch pieces.
Gently fold the mayonnaise into the crabmeat until well mixed. Spoon the crab mixture into a serving bowl and set inside a larger serving bowl filled with ice to keep cold if desired. Garnish with chile flakes if desired. Serve with the lemon wedges and toasts.
To Make the Sriracha Mayonnaise:
Whisk together the yolk, mustard, and salt until well blended. Continue whisking while adding the oil in a slow, steady stream to emulsify the mixture. Whisk in the lemon juice and sriracha until well blended. The mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
© 2011 Jean-Georges Vongerichten