- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 14 Times
This lovely summer lunch proves how well crab matches with fruit. Good with slices of freshly baked Irish soda bread.
For the dressing:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Zest and juice of ½ lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 5 oz (140g) mixed greens
- 1 lb (450g) fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced lengthwise
1. To make the dressing, purèe the mango, oil, lime zest, and juice in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper, adding a little water if too thick.
2. Toss the shallot, cilantro, and mint with the salad greens in a large bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of dressing and toss again. Divide among 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of crab and avocado. Serve at once, passing the rest of the dressing on the side.
Caution: purchase the crab on the day you intend to make the salad.
Leftovers are perfect for piling on top of mixed salad leaves or used as a filling for vol-au-vents.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley