- Course: Hors D'oeuvre
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Splurge
- Favorited: 36 Times
Lightly spiced crabmeat in a crispy case.
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 oz (230g) crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 croustade baskets (see Goat Cheese Croustades)
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and cut into thin strips, to garnish
1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, scallion, ginger, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Add the crabmeat and mix again. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Divide the mixture among the croustades. Garnish each with a strip of red chile. Serve immediately.
The crab filling can be refrigerated for several hours before using.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 croustade, 1/2 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include croustade baskets. For nutritional information on croustade baskets, please follow the link above.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox