Lightly spiced crabmeat in a crispy case.
The crab filling can be refrigerated for several hours before using.
Preparation Time10 min
Preparation Time - Text10 mins
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
OccasionCocktail Party, Formal Dinner Party
Recipe Coursehors d'oeuvre
Dietary Considerationpeanut free, soy free, tree nut free
Taste and Texturecrisp, hot & spicy, rich, sweet
Type of Dishcanape/crostini
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 oz (230g) crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 croustade baskets (see Goat Cheese Croustades)
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and cut into thin strips, to garnish
In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, scallion, ginger, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Add the crabmeat and mix again. Season with salt and black pepper.
Divide the mixture among the croustades. Garnish each with a strip of red chile. Serve immediately.
2008 Dorling Kindersley