- Course: Side Dish, Starch
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 12 Times
Couscous, a staple of North African cuisine, is my all-time favorite to serve with a spicy meal. It is also a great alternative to rice.
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken stock
- ¾ cup (175 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) couscous
- ¼ cup (50 mL) slivered almonds, toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring stock to a boil. Add vegetables. Cook for 3 minutes. Add couscous and stir.
2. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and stir in almonds.
This makes a great filling for green or red bell peppers which can then be baked.
Serve with Indian Chicken Kebabs to complete the meal.
© 2002 Margaret Howard