- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 7 cups cold water
- 1 branch fresh thyme
- ½ small leek
- 1 (3-inch) piece of peeled carrot
- 1 (3-inch) piece of celery
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons white peppercorns
Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings.