- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 20 Times
Colorful and popular with children, this is a good side dish for everyday meals.
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 scallions, green and white parts, sliced
- ½ small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Remove the husks and silks from the corn. Using a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Break up any kernels that are stuck together.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the corn, scallions, green and red peppers, and ¼ cup water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook about 5 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If you are in a hurry, this recipe also works well with 3 cups frozen corn or canned corn.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings and on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox