A lovely cold dish to be enjoyed in late summer, this is a great vehicle for the season’s ripe tomatoes.
- 8 to 10 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (from 3 medium ears)
- 2 pounds flavorful tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup natural low-fat vinaigrette (try balsamic vinaigrette)
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse under cold running water until the pasta cools. Drain and transfer to a serving container.
2. Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until needed or serve at once.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Total fat: 4 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrate: 29 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 191 mg