Cold Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Corn and Tomatoes
A lovely cold dish to be enjoyed in late summer, this is a great vehicle for the season’s ripe tomatoes.
Total Timeunder 30 minutes
Make Ahead RecipeYes
One Pot MealYes
Recipe Coursemain course, side dish
Dietary Considerationhealthy, vegetarian
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Textureherby, light, tangy
Type of Dishpasta
- 8 to 10 ounces angel hair pasta (capellini)
- 2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels (from 3 medium ears)
- 2 pounds flavorful tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup natural low-fat vinaigrette (try balsamic vinaigrette)
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Rinse under cold running water until the pasta cools. Drain and transfer to a serving container.
Combine the pasta with the remaining ingredients and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until needed or serve at once.
2001 Nava Atlas