- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 5 Times
Fast and light, this last-minute sauce is a perfect Southeast Asian accent to stir-fried beef, chicken, or pork, pan-roasted potatoes, and stirfried vegetables such as green beans, snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (preferably natural)
- ½ teaspoon store-bought or homemade Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sugar
In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, curry paste, and ginger. Gradually whisk in the coconut milk and broth until smooth. Stir in the lime juice and sugar and season with salt.
© 2005 Grace Parisi
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings, 1/2 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include Thai red curry paste. For nutritional information on Thai red curry paste, please follow the link above.