- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 10 Times
This begs for a garden, tea lights, a balmy night and an Indian summer. Failing that, a candle, friends and a picnic blanket on the kitchen floor.
- 1 tablespoon of peanut or safflower oil
- ½ an onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ a green chile, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 cups of peeled raw shrimp
- 14 oz can of light coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Salt and pepper
- A good handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
In a large pan, heat the oil and sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Add the chile and curry powder and cook on low for another few minutes. Add the shrimp and cover with the coconut milk. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and coconut. Taste and season, and when you are ready to serve, cover with the cilantro.
© 2009 Sophie Dahl
This recipe serves 3, and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.