- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 34 Times
Mandarini al Aceto Balsamico
My grandma always sent us a couple of boxes of clementines with the Christmas cookies, and they were always one of the quickest things to go on Christmas morning as we unwrapped the presents. Now, while I still love them right out of the peel, I also love the combination of real aceto balsamico and black pepper for an adult take on their simplicity.
- 8 clementines (or other small seedless citrus fruit), peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons best-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss the clementines, vinegar, and sugar together well.
2. Divide the fruit among four martini glasses or small bowls, being sure to get all the vinegar out of the bowl. Crack fresh pepper over the top, and serve.
© 2005 Mario Batali
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox