- Course: Dessert
- Total Time: Under 15 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 19 Times
Top-quality chocolate provides an elegant richness to this ever-popular dessert fondue, whose character can be altered subtly with your choice of spirits. Serve chocolate fondue with a mix of fruits and squares of angel food cake or pound cake. Or, for a divine treat, offer tiny frozen cream puffs filled with ice cream. Remember to set the fondue over low heat so the chocolate does not scorch. This recipe makes a thick sauce; if desired, thin it with an extra tablespoon or two of cream.
- 10 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 tablespoons rum, kirsch, Kahlúa, or Cognac
- Banana chunks
- Mandarin orange segments
- Pineapple chunks
- Angel food cake or pound cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-inch cream puffs, filled with vanilla ice cream and frozen hard
Cut the chocolate into ½-inch pieces. In a fondue pot over low heat, combine the chocolate, cream, and rum, Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, Keep warm over low heat.
Arrange the dippers on a serving platter and set it next to the fondue pot. Spear the morsels with fondue forks and swirl them in the warm sauce.
© 2005 Lou Seibert Pappas
This recipe serves 6. Nutritional information does not include dippers.