- 4 grapefruits
- 4 large navel oranges
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin powder
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
1. Have ready a 4½ × 8½-inch loaf pan. Make room in the fridge. Cut off the ends of the grapefruits and oranges. Position the fruit on one end and cut away ail the zest and pith, following the fruits’ contours. Holding the fruit in one hand over a large bowl, cut along the membranes to release the sections into the bowl Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a 2-cup measure. Pour off enough of the juice to measure 1¾ cups; discard (or drink) the remainder.
2. Pour ¾ cup of the juice into a small, heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit until the gelatin is moist, about 3 minutes. Microwave until the gelatin is dissolved and the liquid is clear, 30 to 90 seconds. Add to the remaining 1 cup juice and set aside to cool slightly.
3. Add the pomegranate seeds to the citrus sections and gently toss to combine. Pile the mixture evenly into the loaf pan, leaving behind any extra juices. Slowly pour the warm (not hot) gelatin liquid over the sections. Tap the loaf pan gently on the counter to release any air bubbles. Refrigerate until the top is set and then cover with plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 6 hours, or for up to 2 days.
4. To serve, run a small knife between the gelatin and the pan and dip the bottom of the pan into warm water for about 1 minute. Invert onto a flat plate and shake gently to loosen the terrine. Cut into 1-inch slices.