- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth, boiling
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped scallions (about 2 scallions)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
1. In a medium bowl pour broth and orange juice over couscous; stir to combine. Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally, until all the broth has been absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, scallions, cilantro, soy sauce, zest, ginger, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add to the couscous, mixing well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Serve or chill until 30 minutes before serving. Mix in oranges and pine nuts just before serving.
This recipe serves 8 and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.