- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 6 Times
This is a great crumb topping, rich with the flavors of cinnamon and brown sugar. It also happens to be lower in fat than most toppings, but don’t tell anyone — they’d never know by the buttery taste.
- ¾ cup (175 mL) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, melted
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter, stirring until incorporated. Using your fingertips, finish working butter into flour mixture, squeezing until a nice crumbly mixture forms.
2. Sprinkle topping over prepared pie, crisp or crumble according to recipe.
© 2008 Julie Hasson
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox