- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 22 Times
These small, light-as-air pancakes make a delicious brunch.
For the apricots:
- 9 oz (250g) ripe apricots, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- Scant 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted, plus more for the griddle
- 8 oz (230g) farmer's cheese, for serving
1. Simmer the apricots, honey, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the apricots have softened but still hold their shape. Keep warm.
2. To make the pancakes, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon together into a bowl. Make a well in the center. Beat the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter and pour into the well. Stir until just combined.
3. Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Grease with the melted butter. Using a heaping tablespoon for each, spoon the batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
4. Flip the pancakes over and brown the other side. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and cover to keep warm while cooking the remaining pancakes.
5. Immediately serve the pancakes on plates, topped with the hot apricot sauce and a scoop of the farmer's cheese.
Prepare ahead: The apricot sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days and reheated.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 20 servings, 1 pancake per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox