Cinnamon Apple or Pear Smoothie
Here’s a blended drink for fall or winter. It’s a delightful change-of-pace fruit beverage to make when summer fruit is out of season.
2 to 3 servings
Total Timeunder 15 minutes
One Pot MealYes
Equipmentblender, food processor
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturefruity, spiced
Type of Dishfruit drink
- 1 ripe banana, broken into several pieces
- 2 medium soft apples (such as Cortland or Golden Delicious) or ripe pears, peeled, cored, and coarsely diced
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt or soy yogurt
- 1 cup apple juice or apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smoothly puréed. Or place in a container and process with an immersion blender. Serve at once in tall glasses.
2004 Nava Atlas