Here are the basic elements of the famous Cobb salad, put together in a slightly different way. Instead of crumbled blue cheese as a component, why not make a thick, tangy Roquefort dressing to top each serving? Use leftover roasted chicken breast or meat from a supermarket rotisserie bird.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, about 5½ ounces
- 2 cups bite-size roasted chicken, about 10 ounces
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into ¾-inch dice (see Notes)
1. Stir sour cream, mayonnaise, and vinegar together in bowl with rubber spatula. Add Roquefort and mix, mashing about half of Roquefort into mayonnaise mixture.
2. Cut romaine heart crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips; discard lettuce core. Rinse and dry lettuce strips. Place in bowl with chicken, tomatoes, and avocados.
3. Serve, with the Roquefort dressing passed on the side.