- Course: Cold Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 25 Times
This crunchy salad is filled with nutritious vegetables and has a light, sesame flavor. If you do not have shrimp, substitute diced chicken or tofu.
- ½ lb, cooked shrimp, tails removed (or diced chicken or tofu), chopped roughly
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ½ head cabbage, sliced thin
- 2 handfuls cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 small avocado, cut into cubes
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cut into small chunks
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pinch salt and pepper
1. Put cabbage in large bowl and add all vegetables.
2. Roughly chop shrimp on a cutting board, drizzle with a splash of rice vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste. Add to salad.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve honey in rice vinegar and stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice.
4. Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.
If you are feeling adventurous, try ½ Japanese daikon radish instead of the cucumber.
© 2007 Domenica Catelli
Nutritional information is based on 2 servings.