- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 4 Times
This recipe was adapted from a tried-and-true toffee sauce recipe by Jill Dupleix. I’ve added a hint of chocolate, but you can certainly omit it for a non-chocolate version.
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 oz (30 g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
1. In a heavy saucepan, whisk together cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Butter will be lumpy, but don’t worry.
2. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. If mixture starts to boil rapidly, reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Spoon hot toffee sauce over warm cupcakes and serve immediately.
© 2005 Julie Hasson
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 2 tablespoons sauce per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox