This sauce is perfect over ice cream, for glazing cakes, or for anything else that could use a drizzle of chocolate. Or just to keep around for a quick fix. When I was in high school, I would stand in front of the refrigerator and squirt hershey’s chocolate syrup directly from the squeeze bottle into my mouth. If that’s something you also enjoyed doing, this is the perfect recipe.
- 1½ cups raw cocoa powder
- 1¾ cups maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter/oil, warmed to liquefy
1. Combine all the ingredients except the coconut butter/oil in a blender. With the blender running, add the coconut butter/oil and continue blending to emulsify.
2. Store the syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator. Before serving, place it in the dehydrator to warm the sauce so that it’s liquid enough to pour. If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can also place the container in a warm water bath to liquefy it. (If the room is warm, simply let the sauce sit at room temperature.)
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings.