- Course: Snack
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 19 Times
These are sure to fix any chocolate cravings, and the buttermilk lends a delicious lightness to these muffins.
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12-cup muffin pan, paper liners
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the brown sugar, then make a well in the center.
3. Whisk together the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into the well in the flour mixture and stir until the batter is just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each one three-quarters full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan, transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley