This is a great muffin, especially if you’re a cranberry fan. The delightful tartness of the cranberries wedded with the sweetness of the chocolate chips makes for a very yummy treat.
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1½ cups (375 mL) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1¼ cups (300 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (175 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated orange zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12-cup muffin pan, lined with paper liners
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, coarsely chop cranberries.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup (250 mL) of the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with remaining sugar.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 24 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Nutritional information is based on 1 muffin per serving.