- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 0 Times
Almost everyone delights in homemade chocolate chip cookies. I think the secret to truly great cookies is to use high-quality chocolate chips-in the bakery we use Dagoba dark chocolate. Chocolate chip cookies are really all about the chocolate!
- 2¾ cups brown rice flour
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup organic whole cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting the cookies (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the brown rice flour, garbanzo bean flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the canola oil, organic whole cane sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and rice milk alternately, a little at a time, until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Scoop the dough onto greased or parchment-lined baking sheets with an ice cream scoop. Bake until golden and slightly firm to the touch, about 17 minutes. For a fancy look, dust the cookies with cocoa powder while they are still hot.
© 2009 Jennifer Katzinger
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 cookie, but does not include optional chopped nuts or cocoa powder for dusting.