- Course: Cold Appetizer
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 7 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
The rather strange-sounding combination of ingredients work together in this exceptional cold soup.
1. Melt the butter in a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, for 7 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock, wine, and potatoes. Simmer the soup just until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Add the pears and arugula to the soup and simmer 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in the light and heavy creams. Stir in the coriander. Process the soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
4. Refrigerate the soup until cold. To serve, ladle the cold soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a whole arugula leaf.
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings and includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.