- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 32 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This colorful soup has no added fat, so indulge in a second bowl without guilt.
1. In casserole dish, combine red peppers, green onions, garlic and stock. Microwave, covered, on High for 8 to 12 minutes or until peppers are tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Add corn. Microwave, covered, on High for 4 to 7 minutes or until corn is tender. Let cool slightly.
3. In a food processor or blender, purée in batches until smooth. Strain soup through a fine sieve to remove pepper skins. Whisk in yogurt. Add sugar. Stir in salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until chilled, or overnight. To serve, ladle into chilled bowls and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
To cut corn kernels from cobs, stand ears on end and cut straight down using a small sharp knife.
Fresh corn, which is now readily available year-round, is preferred in this recipe. You can use frozen corn in a pinch, but the taste may not be as sweet so add an extra pinch of sugar to taste, if needed.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.