Brush this flavorful oil on pizza dough or blend it into paste dough. It can also be used for sautéing ingredients for pastas.
- 1 whole head garlic (about 2½ ounces), cloves separated and peeled
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1. In a small saucepan, combine the garlic cloves and olive oil and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the garlic turns gorcen brown, 10 to 15 minutes. (Do not let the garlic get too dark because the oil with have a bitter taste.)
2. Let cool and then add the red pepper flakes. Infuse for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Refrigerate in a covered container.