This spicy peanut sauce lends a vibrancy to many fondues. It complements beef, pork, lamb, duck, and chicken particularly well.
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian-style sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth, heated
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- 5 to 10 drops chile oil
In a small bowl, stir together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, and garlic, and whisk in the water or broth, blending until smooth. Stir in the cilantro, if using, and chile oil to taste.
If desired, thin the sauce to the desired consistency with a tablespoon or two of additional water or broth.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings and includes 1/4 teaspoon of chile oil