- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 73 Times
The combination of lemon, thyme, and a light, buttery glaze makes this chicken a special dinner dish. Good with a mixed salad and oven-baked potato wedges.
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb (1.8kg), jointed into 8 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread the chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Grate the lemon zest into a bowl. Add the butter, oil, thyme, and garlic, and combine.
3. Dot the lemon and thyme mixture evenly over the chicken. Cut the reserved lemon into chunks and tuck around the chicken. Pour the wine over the chicken.
4. Roast the chicken for 50–60 minutes. Turn and baste the chicken occasionally, until the chicken is golden brown and the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Add a little more wine if the juices cook away. Serve hot.
Nutritional Benefits: low fat.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.