- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 58 Times
Olives and capers give this dish a Mediterranean flavor.
- 8 oz (225g) pancetta, diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 12 pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- ½ cup heavy cream
1. Cook the pancetta in the oil over medium heat until browned, about 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Transfer to a plate, leaving the fat in the pan.
2. Dust the chicken with flour, salt, and pepper. In batches, brown chicken in the pan fat about 5 minutes. Stir in the pancetta, capers, vinegar, olives, and thyme. Cover and simmer about 35 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a platter.
3. Add the cream to the pan and boil about 3 minutes, until thickened. Season. Pour over the chicken and serve hot.
© 2008 Dorling Kindersley
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Discover Related Recipes
Sign up for
The Cookstr Weekly
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox