- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 42 Times
For the chicken:
- 3-pound free-range chicken, preferably organic
- A few black peppercorns and bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin seeds
- A handful of almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk natural yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- A small bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- 2 big handfuls of mixed salad leaves
To poach the chicken, place in a large saucepan, cover with water, add the peppercorns and bay leaves and bring to a gentle simmer. Poach for about 40 minutes. If you can, leave it to cool in the liquid. Take the chicken out of the pan, remove the skin and shred the meat. Dry-fry the cumin and the almonds in a hot pan and leave to cool.
To make the dressing, mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cucumber, cumin and almonds with the torn basil. Mix well and serve.
© 2014 Jamie Oliver
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information includes 1/4 cup of almonds and 1/2 cup of mixed salad leaves.