Chicken Rice Salad with Lime Cream Dressing
Here green chiles supply the capsaicin or spiciness. Green chiles are merely unripe red chiles and possess the same measure of capsaicin as though they were red, ripe chiles. This quick to make main dish salad, complements of convenience or deli ingredients, is a quick and healthy, spicy entree for lunch or dinner.
Cooking Time10 min
Total Timeunder 1 hour
Recipe Coursemain course
Dietary Considerationmain course
Five Ingredients or LessYes
Taste and Texturemeaty, tangy
Type of Dishmain course salad, salad
- 1 6-ounce package southwestern-flavored rice mix
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless deli chicken, diced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- ¼ cup Jalapeño Lime Cream Dressing
- Optional garnishes: ¼ cup ripe olives, sliced; 1 head of red or green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
Place the chicken, chiles, pepper, and rice in a large bowl and toss with the salad dressing. Add the olives, if desired. To serve, divide the salad among 4 plates, on top of the lettuce, if using.
2006 Jane Butel