- Course: Main Course
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 2 Times
Here green chiles supply the capsaicin or spiciness. Green chiles are merely unripe red chiles and possess the same measure of capsaicin as though they were red, ripe chiles. This quick to make main dish salad, complements of convenience or deli ingredients, is a quick and healthy, spicy entree for lunch or dinner.
- 1 6-ounce package southwestern-flavored rice mix
- ¾ pound boneless, skinless deli chicken, diced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- ¼ cup Jalapeño Lime Cream Dressing
- Optional garnishes: ¼ cup ripe olives, sliced; 1 head of red or green leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
Place the chicken, chiles, pepper, and rice in a large bowl and toss with the salad dressing. Add the olives, if desired. To serve, divide the salad among 4 plates, on top of the lettuce, if using.
© 2006 Jane Butel
Note from Cookstr's Editors
Nutritional information does not include optional garnishes or Lime Cream Dressing. For nutritional information on Lime Cream Dressing, please follow the link above.