- Course: Main Course
- Total Time: Under 2 Hours
- Skill Level: Moderate
- Cost: Moderate
- Favorited: 31 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
A complete and filling lunch in a pastry packet.
1. To make the dough, sift the flour into a bowl, then rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Beat the eggs and 3 tbsp of cold water together. Set aside 1 tbsp of the mixture for glazing, and pour the rest over the dry ingredients, and mix to a dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese, scallions, and parsley in a bowl, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, potato, and sweet potato.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface. Using a small plate as a guide, cut into an 8in (20cm) round about 1/8 in (3mm) thick.
4. Spoon a quarter of the filling into the center of each round. Brush the edges with water and bring together to seal, then crimp. Transfer the pasties to a baking sheet.
5. Brush with the reserved egg mixture. Make a slit in the tops and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (180°C) and cook for 25–30 minutes, or until a thin knife comes out clean when inserted into the center.
6. Remove from the oven and serve the pasties hot or cold.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
Free handpicked cookbook recipes delivered straight to your inbox