- Course: Hot Appetizer, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 17 Times
The sweet and spicy flavor of mango chutney adds a bit of flair to ham, Cheddar and apple.
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (50 ml) mango chutney
- 2 oz (60 g) baked ham, thinly sliced
- 2 oz (60 g) Cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
Preheat panini grill to high.
1. Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with butter. Turn rolls over and spread with chutney. On bottom halves, evenly layer with ham, cheese and apple. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
2. Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Chutney is a spicy and sweet condiment containing fruit, vinegar, sugar and spices. Chutneys range from chunky to smooth in texture and from mild to hot in spiciness.
© 2008 Tiffany Collins