- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 0 Times
This simple salad is good with cold meats or as part of a buffet. You can make it into a first course by crumbling a little blue cheese over the top.
- 2 cups chopped celery, in small dice
- 1 medium beet, roasted, peeled, and cut into small dice
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
Mix the celery, beets, walnuts, dill, and chives together in a serving bowl.
In a small bowl mix together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper with a whisk. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well. If you’re using the cheese, scatter it over the top of the salad before serving.
© 2000 Fran McCullough
Nutritional information has been provided by the author.
Per Serving Including Cheese:
Carbohydrate: 3.6g plus 2g fiber Protein: 1.9g Fat: 18.2g