- Course: Cold Appetizer, Side Dish
- Total Time: Under 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- Cost: Inexpensive
- Favorited: 21 Times
Can be made ahead of time.
This light, multicolored salad is good as an accompaniment to hot or cold meats, or served alongside a sandwich.
Prepare ahead: The salad can be refrigerated in a covered bowl for up to 6 hours. Toss the fennel in a lemon juice to prevent discoloration Dress and toss just before serving.
1. Trim and peel the carrots. Use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin strips of the entire carrot.
2. Cut away the peel and pith from the oranges. Working over a bowl, cut between the membranes to release the orange segments. Trim the fennel and thinly slice. Remove any tough stalks from the watercress. Combine the carrot, orange, fennel, and watercress in a serving bowl.
3. To make the dressing, whisk together the juices and honey. Gradually whisk in the oils. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve.
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.